BMS Engineer - Data Centres
Hemel Hempstead / Dagenham
Competitive Salary & Benefits
We're currently recruiting for a BMS Engineer to work within the Data Centre sector. Our client currently operates 5 data centres across the South East of England that provide critical data services to many large household brands. This includes one of the UK's largest Data Centres currently being built in Dagenham.
As the BMS Engineer, you'll be involved liaising with multiple sites, departments and sub-contractors to ensure maximum availability of the BMS system across all their assets.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Head of Engineering as BMS Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Providing 1st line support for all contractors and departments for any BMS queries / technical issues including training staff on how to correctly use the system.
- Ensuring all BMS data is maintained and recorded in an accurate manner.
- Maintain a database of parts / spare equipment and provide advice on purchasing supplies in line with company requirements.
- Performance routine and emergency maintenance across the portfolio of data centres, this includes performing upgrades, improvements and optimisation work.
- Support the installation, commissioning and operation of the BMS system on new build sites.
- Supervising and coordinating multi-discipline trades including contractors, setting them to work and ensuring work is carried out in line with company standards.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Background in Controls Engineering and qualified to a relevant engineering qualification such as an HNC / ONC / HND.
- Extensive experience working with Tridium Niagara AX or N4.
- If you have experience in Linux this would be highly advantageous.
- Prior working experience within a critical environment such as a Data Centre is essential.
- Proficient with full Microsoft office Suite
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive salary
- Benefits package
- Travel expenses
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or ring 02392 288 286 and ask to speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.