Shift Operator - Energy from Waste
We are currently recruiting a Shift Operations Technician to join the operations department of a 24/7 process plant in Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire. This new station, using advanced thermal treatment technology, will produce electrical power from waste that would otherwise have gone to landfill.
Energy from waste is one of the fastest growing sectors in the UK's power industry offering highly secure & lengthy careers with a usual contract in place for at least 25 years. With expansion in this sector there couldn't be a better time to join this industry.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager, as Shift Operator, you will be responsible for:
- Operating the plant in a safe and efficient manner which includes during normal running, start-ups and shutdowns along with emergency situations.
- Ensuring the operational demands of the plant are met along with monitoring the plants emissions to comply with the Environmental Permit and reporting any issues to the Shift Supervisor
- Monitoring the daily safety & environmental performance of the plant ensuring it is operating in accordance with environmental parameters & legislation
- Become certified under Safety Rules as an Authorised Person and apply isolations, locks and safety tags.
- Monitoring plant performance & developing new ideas & measures in order to improve performance, reliability & efficiency.
- Conduct front line maintenance, plant inspections, fault finding and fault reporting.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Minimum C&G/NVQ Level 3 in a Process/Engineering/Operations discipline
- Completed an apprenticeship and/or three years in a Power Generation/Heavy Process/Maintenance role (Royal Navy Marine Engineers will also be considered)
- Familiar working on a SCADA/PLC/DCS System
- IOSH/NEBOSH or a Health & Safety Qualification
- Flexibility to work Shift Patterns including nights and weekends.
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive Salary inclusive of shift allowance
- Benefits Package
- Opportunity to join one of the UK's newest and most advanced Energy from Waste Power Stations
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02392 288 214 and ask to speak to Becki Saunders who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.