Assistant Structural Engineer
Newcastle upon Tyne
Astute Technical Recruitment are looking to appoint an Assistant Structural Engineer to be based within the Building Design Practice of an international Engineering and Design Consultancy.
As Assistant Structural Engineer, you will be part of a growing team, within a multi-disciplinary environment delivering a variety of new build, refurbishment and historic projects.
As Assistant Structural Engineer you will be responsible for but not limited too;
- Design of small to medium sized projects, or sections of larger projects, to achieve the client's objectives to cost and programme, with the support of a senior engineer.
- Support with the production of design calculations in accordance with Euro Codes, specifications and tender documents, obtaining tenders and quotations, tender adjudication and analysis.
- Gathering of information, surveys, research and report writing.
- Monitoring site works to establish that it is being carried out in accordance with specifications and methods statements.
- Preparation and submission of applications for Building Regulations, Planning or Listed Building consents.
- Assisting with the development of Client relationships, Client Compliance and client QSSE procedures.
- Assisting in establishing client briefs, appropriate fees, and commercial management through to completion.
As the ideal candidate our client is looking for an individual that will have a strong commitment to teamwork, diligence, creativity and building relationships. As the ideal candidate you will have an accredited honours degree or equivalent in Civil/Structural Engineering. You will be committed to achieving chartership and a highly motivated self-starter.
As an individual you will be competent in using Microsoft EXCEL and Word, have a a working knowledge of design and draughting software such as Revit, NBS, TEDDS, Building Designer and ROBOT would be an advantage.
If you are interested in discussing further, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Lauren on 02392222965 .
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.