Assistant Shift Team Leader (Technical Support) - New Energy from Waste
Competitive Salary + Bonus
Astute are working exclusively in partnership with MVV Umwelt GmbH who specialise in Energy from Waste, Biogas, Biomass and Wind Energy. Operating across Germany and the UK they have installed over 400MW of electricity production and have multiple projects on the horizon to increase this capacity.
Their latest project is a 3rd line to their existing Energy from Waste Power Station which is due to increase their onsite capacity up to 230,000 tonnes of waste per year. Utilising both fluidised bed combustion and moving grate technology, this is an exciting project to be part of with a contract in place for the next 25 years.
With other projects in the pipeline and existing assets in the South East & South West of the UK this is an excellent opportunity to join the company as they continually grow.
We are looking for a maintenance focused Assistant Shift Team Leader to join the Operations Team to support all maintenance activities whilst on shift. Working in conjunction with the Maintenance Team, you are the designated Engineer whilst on shift to ensure the plant is kept operational. Working across all three lines you'll be providing rapid breakdown response for any maintenance issues.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Maintenance Engineer, as Assistant Shift Team Leader (Technical Support), you will be responsible for:
- Under direction of the Maintenance Engineer or Shift Team Leader, carrying out all mechanical & electrical maintenance to maintain plant availability.
- Carry out plant inspections, adjustments, readings and maintain all data accurately to ensure compliance with the environmental permit.
- Fault find on a variety of plant including, but not limited to, boiler, flue gas plant, valves, fans, motors, conveyors, gearboxes, compressors, hydraulics, pneumatics and rotating plant.
- Supervising contractors, reviewing RAMS and ensuring all work is carried out in line with company legislation and processes.
- Liaise with the day maintenance team to plan & coordinate all work and accurately prioritise workload.
- Accurately maintain data within the computerised maintenance management system (CMMS) ensuring all records are up to date.
- Identify areas within the plant for improvement to improve efficiency / availability, taking an active role within projects to improve plant performance through modifications / upgrade work.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- At least 5 years' experience in a maintenance team on a power station. This could be energy from waste, coal, CCGT, biomass, CHP or nuclear. Senior Royal Navy Marine Engineers will also be considered.
- Minimum NVQ / C&G Level 3 qualification in a relevant Engineering field.
- Relevant Health & Safety qualification.
- Experience in maintenance on a variety of heavy industrial plant such as motors, fans, turbines / rotating plant, boiler, steam raising systems, gearboxes etc.
- Understanding of safe systems of work, safety rules and Health & Safety.
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- A competitive salary.
- Excellent Benefits package.
- A performance related bonus.
- Opportunity to work on a new build Energy from Waste Power Station.
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02392 288 284 and ask to speak to Kyle Shinn who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.