Assistant Shift Team Leader - Power Station
Circa £44,000 + benefits
East Lothian, Scotland
We are currently recruiting a number of Assistant Shift Team Leaders to join the operations department of a state of the art Energy from Waste power station in East Lothian, Scotland. The Assistant Shift Team Leader will need an adaptable approach and will be responsible for supervising the shift teams ensuring the safe and efficient operation of the plant. The Assistant Shift Team Leader will be required, on occasions, to step up to the full STL role to cover for periods of sickness and holidays.
Reporting to the Operations Manager the Assistant Shift Team Leader will be responsible for:
- The day to day management of Shift Technicians who will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of turbines, boilers, pumps and water treatment plant
- Acting as the site Authorised Person complying with the sites safe systems of work
- Ensuring the plant is operating within its parameters whilst complying with strict HSE rules and regulations as well as company policies and procedures.
- Providing technical supervision and assistance where necessary for company and contract staff engaged in work
- Carrying out return to work discussions with team members returning from periods of absence
- Working within the Company Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems
Knowledge, Skills and Experience...
To be considered for this position you must have:
- Ideally a relevant technical qualification such as an C&G/NVQ/ONC/HNC in an engineering discipline
- At least 5 years' experience in an operational environment on a power station or heavy process facility with steam raising plant e.g. EFW. biomass, coal, utilities etc.
- Ex Military Engineers with management/leadership experience will also be conisdered - Navy, REME, RAF, RFA etc
- Ideally an IOSH or NEBOSH qualification
Package and Benefits...
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits package for the Assistant Shift Team Leader vacancy as follows:
- A salary of circa £44,000 inclusive of a shift allowance
- A performance related bonus
- Company pension
- The chance to join one of the newest EFW facilities in the country
How do I apply...
To apply for a position please send a copy of your CV along with a brief cover letter stating details of your current salary and package to email@example.com or call 02392 288 215 to speak to Steve who can tell you more
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.