Assistant Production Engineer - CCGT Power Station
Competitive Salary & Benefits
Astute are working with an international client who have several Power Generating assets across the United Kingdom. We are looking for a Production Engineer / Maintenance Engineer to join the Production Team of this 700MW + Combined Cycle Gas Turbine Power Station. The Production Team is made up of the day in day out Operations Team and the short term Maintenance team, responsible for keeping the plant available to produce Energy.
The Assistant Production Engineer is responsible for support with planning the Production Teams daily maintenance and permit activities to achieve maximum plant reliability and flexibility. This is a days position Monday - Friday.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Production Engineer, as a Assistant Production Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Improving plant performance through identification and rectification of issues using engineering solutions
- Assisting the Production Engineer with planning & scheduling the Day Teams maintenance activities inline with the workload of the Production and Engineering Departments
- Accurately maintain and document all maintenance and service records of all plant equipment
- During Outages, act as the Production Outage Assistant Coordinator, responsible for overseeing and planning all Permit requirements
- Share ideas and best practices with the other sites and support them as and when required
- Act as Site Safety Controller including switching duties up to 400kv
- Ensure all work is carried out in line with company policy across Safety, Quality and Environmental in addition to ensuring compliance with relevant legislation
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- An Engineering background with a minimum HNC in an Operations / Maintenance discipline
- At least five years working knowledge in the Operations & Maintenance of Gas and Steam Turbines
- Prior background in a Supervisory role within a Power Production site, this could be CCGT, Coal, Biomass, Energy from Waste, CHP etc
- Senior Authorised Person / HV Status for up to 400kv
- IOSH / NEBOSH or relevant Health & Safety qualification
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Highly competitive salary
- Excellent benefits package
- Opportunity to join a 700MW Combined Cycle Gas Turbine Power Station
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or ring 02392 288 286 and ask to speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.