Assistant Logistics Manager
Up to £38,000
Our Client is one of the UK's leading provider of Environmental solutions, offering a full range of Waste and Energy Recovery services through a vast and growing network of Plants and Facilities across the country and as such they are looking for an Assistant Logistics Manager to work across multiple sites in the West Sussex area.
As an Assistant Logistics Manager, your role will include but not be limited to the below:
- Having a working understanding of budgets and P&L, being able to work to a strict budget and understanding the spend of the business to work effectively and reduce costs where possible.
- Fleet and team management across multiple satellite sites from MRF to HWRCs. Hands on management of people within the office as well as drivers and a large fleet of Artic Lorries and RoRos.
- Business optimisation - looking at ways to improve fleet efficiency through routing plans, driver retention, skill gap analysis and fuel saving ideas.
- Day to day management of the fleet team, including general HR duties, office based reporting and liaising directly with the Senior Logistics Manager.
- Assisting sites to ensure they are being ran in a safe, timely and compliant manner. Ensuring all activities are running in line with current legislation and company policy.
Skills & Requirements
To be considered for this position you will have experience managing a large fleet of vehicles and strong people management skills ideally across a multiple site basis from a Waste Management or Haulage background. You will have a good understanding of working P&L/budgets and their importance as well as O Licence management. Holding a National CPC would be advantageous for the role but not essential.
What's on offer
- Salary up to £38,000
- Training and progression opportunities
- Competitive package provided
For a confidential discussion or further details about the role, please forward your CV to Emily Ward at firstname.lastname@example.org or give me a call on 02393 910 033 .
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.