Assistant Design Manager
£30,000 - £40, 000 + Benefits
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Assistant Design Manager to join a Project & Programme Management and Delivery specialist business, focusing on the Education sector. The role can be based between the Manchester and Birmingham office, dependant on project and the individual's location.
The Assistant Design Manager works alongside the Design Manager to lead the design team from bid acceptance through the bid, preconstruction and mobilisation period of the design and build project until successful completion of the major design elements, including management and coordination of external consultants and supply chain designers in line with the project programme.
Dependant on project requirements they may work on an individual project or across a number of projects with the possibility of leading suitable projects, this will be agreed with their line manager.
The role & responsibilities
- Assist/Manage, coordinate and deliver technically challenging projects on time, within budget and to the desired quality;
- Assist/Manage the design process and promote integration of disciplines both internally and with external consultants and supply chain across multiple projects on the frameworks
- Assist with producing appointment documents for Consultants.
- Manage the consultants to ensure that they perform in line with their deed and agreed scope of services.
- Ensure an understanding of the overall programme to assist with monitoring and reporting on design programmes and their interface with whole life programmes during the preconstruction phase.
- Comfortable with interfacing with the Customers and other design team members regarding the production of information in line with agreed deliverables.
- Reviewing Technical information provided by external Architects and Engineers.
- Coordinating design activities across various disciplines within the design team.
- Coordinating design deliverables for customer's engagement process and development of the cost plan / detailed pricing data
- Provide technical support to the bid process.
- Understand and highlight changes to scope and the effect on budget and programme
- Ensuring design information is of the right quality and keeps pace with project timescales
- Working closely with the Design Managers to coordinate with project teams including construction teams and resolve any design related queries.
- Document Design Team Meetings/Workshops and issue minutes within 3days.
- Coordinate document and version control of all design documents, including ensuring appropriate trackers are in place.
- Coordinate electronic document control and sharing of information with consultants and customers.
- Experience in an Assistant Design Manager role
- Experience working in the Education sector
- Worked with 2 stage tendering & bid process and Frameworks
Please call Abbie Easton directly on 02393 910042 to discuss your suitability for the opportunity and its responsibilities & requirements in greater detail or contact me by email at email@example.com
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.