Assistant DCS Engineer - Energy From Waste
Competitive Salary + Benefits
We're currently recruiting for an Assistant DCS Engineer to join the maintenance department of an established energy from waste plant. Using fluidised bed technology, this energy from waste plant can process up to 500,000 tonnes of waste per year, producing around 40MW of power. With plans to build a 3rd line with capacity for an additional 350,000 tonnes of waste per year, this is an exciting opportunity to get into the Energy from Waste sector.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Maintenance Manager, as the Assistant DCS Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Support the DCS Engineer with the maintenance of and modifications to a distribution control system, other PLC's and various electronic systems.
- Assist with completing records when modifying control systems
- Fault finding on control systems and assist with the repair of these systems
- Work with the maintenance department to service control systems out on the field including EMP's, Turbine control systems and various safety protection systems.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Working experience in the energy from waste sector or similar industry
- Knowledge and experience with various control systems, variable speed drives e.g, Siemens, Yokogawa, Exaquantum including fault diagnosis.
- Competent with Microsoft office.
- Experienced working with a CMMS
- Knowledge of health and safety legislation
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus scheme
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02393 910 037 and ask to speak to Luke Bennett who can tell you more.
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.