Corporate Development Manager - Onshore Wind
Edinburgh Office - Remote Role
Salary of up to £95,000 + bonus & benefits
Astute are proudly partnered with a major renewable energy supplier and asset manager who operate across the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland, supplying clean energy to the grid, powering hundreds of thousands of homes and businesses. As part of their continual growth plans, we are actively seeking a Corporate / Business Development Manager to join the business.
The successful candidate will be responsible for sourcing, assessing and developing investment opportunities in onshore wind and other renewable energy sources such as Solar PV, Anaerobic Digestion, Energy from Waste etc. As such, it is essential for the successful candidate to be established in renewable energy field, preferably in wind. The role can be based from either our office in Belfast, or in Dublin. The role is hybrid - nearly remote, but occasional travel into either office is necessary and candidates must be willing to travel across the island or Ireland.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Managing Director of Strategy and Development, the key responsibility for this role is to source, assess and develop potential investment opportunities including planned or installed wind assets or other renewable energy technologies. This is an exciting role for someone who is established in the sector and looking to expand into or continue a business/investment development management role.
As a Corporate Development Manager, you will also be responsible for:
- Identify a pipeline of onshore wind or other renewable energy assets - these may be in a pre-break ground, in development, in construction or operational stage. Reporting said assets and recommending potential investment opportunities to senior and board level colleagues.
- Develop a database of all onshore wind assets that are either in development or operational on the island of Ireland.
- Preparation of business proposals or cases for development opportunities, making recommendations or reporting of risks associated with projects.
- Prepare a project strategy for obtaining assets including potential lead times and timelines.
- Attend industry conventions and networking events to maintain or build relationships with stakeholders.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure investment assessment accuracy.
- Negotiating share purchase agreements.
- There is potential to be involved in other strategic developments for the group, including solar, battery energy storage systems (BESS), hydrogen and other technologies.
Skills & Qualifications:
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Due to the nature of the role, it is essential to be well networked in the renewable energy market, preferably within wind.
- Demonstrable experience of collaborating with multiple stakeholders and departments, manging multiple asset/investment development projects simultaneously.
- A relevant engineering qualification is favourable.
- An in-depth understanding of the onshore wind industry, with experience of engaging with and building relationships with onshore wind developers.
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively. Happy with conducting site visits, delivering presentations to clients or to the board.
- Good understanding of the Irish Grid Network, renewables policies and awareness of heat and transport policy context.
- Good understanding of project financing requirements, presenting at a board/director level, shaping strategy and business planning.
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Salary up to £95,000 + Bonus
- 25 days annual leave + 11 statutory days (36 days total)
- Private medical insurance
- Annual cost of living pay review
- Further career progression opportunities
- Other benefits including leave purchasing, employee assistance programme, wellbeing calendar, sport and social clubs, gym membership, car parking, expensed travel, easy access office.
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02393 910042 and ask to speak to Harry Slade who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.