Naval Nuclear Watchkeeping Instructor (CAT A B or C)
£37 -47k base DOE + package + relocation
We are currently recruiting for an industry leading global defence client with a long history of close co-operation and support for the Royal Navy. They are looking to appointan ex-nuclear watchkeepers with steam raising plant operational experience to help train the current and next generation Submarine Service engineering professionals out of Faslane in Scotland.
PLEASE NOTE, DUE TO THE NATURE OF THIS ROLE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL NEED TO EITHER ALREADY HOLD OR BE ELIGIBLE TO OBTAIN UK SECURITY CHECK (SC) LEVEL SECURITY CLEARANCE. ANY APPLICANTS NOT MEETING THESE CRITERIA WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY DISREGARDED.
Working within a team of experienced Nuclear Engineers, the role holder will act as an Instructor and subject matter expert, delivering classroom and simulator-based training to Nuclear Propulsion Plant Operators and Marine Engineering Equipment Maintainers.
In addition, the role holder will provide specialist engineering and nuclear expertise to the training design process and will have the opportunity to support the development of our Client's recently established Skills business, which provides a wide range of engineering training courses.
We are looking for candidates who can demonstrate experience operating Naval Nuclear propulsion systems, preferably on Astute-class submarines but all transferable PWR experience will be considered from S, T or V boats.
Key areas of competency we require are as follows:
* Qualification as a Category A, B or C Watchkeeper in the Royal Navy Submarine Service
* Comprehensive knowledge and recent experience of operating Naval Nuclear Steam Raising Plant
* Comfortable working both autonomously and collaboratively
* Engaging and effective communicator
* Defence Train the Trainer qualification a bonus but not essential
What's on offer
- The opportunity to maintain nuclear engineering skills in a familiar environment
- A logical transition into the commercial sector for new Service leavers
- A solid base salary with relocation allowance if moving permanent residence to the area.
- If Cat C qualified, then an intensive training course to upskill to Cat B would form the initial part of your employment.
How to apply
To apply, please call Matthew Brindley on 023 939 10041, or send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.