Senior Bid Manager / Business Winning Manager
Remote position (UK Wide)
Salary: Up to £70,000
We're currently looking to recruit an experienced Business Winning Manager with extensive knowledge in total bid management with specific focus on the bid Capture phase as well as the process implementation of bids. As the Business Winning Manager, you will be the functional lead on specific bids & portfolio of bids and will support the Directors & Campaign directors in the implementation of campaign plans when required.
As the of Business Winning Manager, you will be responsible for.
- Lead the design and implementation of capture and bid programmes, working with customer facing Opportunity Owners to ensure bid teams are resourced appropriately.
- Be the point of escalation for topics relating to Business Winning Methodology on captures and bids, whilst working alongside the Opportunity Owner and Solution Lead (Opportunity Leadership Team).
- Build strong collaborative networks across the business to benefit both the opportunity and the Business Winning Function.
- Own the application of the Business Winning Methodology when integrating the contributions of different workstreams/functions to create Business Winning outputs (such as the Capture Plan).
- Work with Opportunity Owners analysing customer requirements, hot buttons (needs/driving issues), root problems and motivators. Ensure that the customer and opportunity align with business strategy.
- Support Opportunity Owners in the development and execution of Stakeholder Management and Customer Engagement Strategy, contribute to planning how to influence the customer's procurement strategy.
- Lead the independent Competitive Assessment of Babcock vs. competition vs. customer hot buttons/driving issues. Derive the competition's likely strategies/solutions (Black Hat) and develop Bidders Comparison Matrices.
- Support Solution Leads to analyse existing company capabilities against customer's requirement/hot buttons, identify gaps and develop teaming/partnering strategies.
- Lead the development of a Value Proposition and Win Strategy. Derive Win Themes, specifically identifying features, advantages, benefits and USPs.
- Hold independent Strategy Reviews (Blue Team), test the understanding of the Customer driving issues, the resulting bid strategy (as set out in the Capture Plan) and establish next steps.
- Support the development of winning proposal strategies, ensuring value propositions and win themes are articulated appropriately across submissions.
- Drive unbiased, objective analysis and decision making during all bid phases and activities to ensure customer influencing, propositions and solutions clearly meet the customer's needs.
- Monitor and report on progress of opportunities
- Support and guide Bid Managers in routine management and Business Winning activities.
- Support Lessons Learned and Continuous Improvement activities.
- Support wider growth activity within the Land Future Business Team as required.
- Undertake the role of Bid Manager on bids/campaigns as required.
- Candidates will have the following skills and experience.
- Experience of leading Black Hat Competitive and Blue Team Strategy Reviews
- Experience of producing capture outputs such as Value Propositions, Win Strategies and Win Themes
- Experience of supporting Customer Needs Analysis and Company Capability Assessments
- Strong Bid management experience with the ability to motivate and lead multi-functional teams.
- Able to integrate multiple outputs from different functions and competency groups
- Strong financial and commercial awareness. -Desirable
- Experience of Capture Management within service-based industries-Desirable
- Educated to degree level (ideally in Business or Marketing) -Desirable
What's on offer.
- Basic salary of up to £70,000
- Opportunity to join a large multinational company
- Remote working.
- Company provides training and development opportunities
How to apply.
To apply, please call Matthew Brindley on 02393910041, or send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.