Wind Turbine Technician
Tir Mostyn - Denbigh
£29,000 - £35,000 plus benefits
Astute are exclusively partnered with a global O&M Servicing Provider who are looking to expand many of their servicing teams and locations all across the UK and are seeking a Wind Turbine Technician to join their business. The main purpose of the role would be to work in a team who will service and maintain their onshore wind turbines across various wind farms in the area.
The successful candidate will have prior experience in the wind industry, carrying out pre-planned and reactive maintenance to a variety of turbines and related mechanical, hydraulic and electrical systems. We are especially interested in applications with competent or authorised status too (Siemens AT, Vestas AT/CT etc).
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Field Area Manager, as a Wind Turbine Technician, you will be responsible for:
- Carrying out planned and reactive maintenance on wind turbines
- The installation and retrofitting of key components - mechanical, electrical and hydraulic
- Fault diagnosis and rectification
- Generating detailed reports on the work completed
- Covering multiple sites in your region when required - working on Siemens and other turbines
- Working at heights
- Other duties as required
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for an Electrical Technician with the following:
- A HND/HNC/NVQ or C&G qualification in Mechanical or Electrical, Automotive, Aerospace, Marine or other Engineering qualifications is essential
- Previous experience in the Wind Industry is a distinct advantage. We are welcoming applications from those new to the sector through to Competent Technician (CT) / Authorised Technician (AT) Level
- If new to the industry, it is essential to have 2-3 years experience in industrial mechanical, electrical or hydraulic engineering
- A full UK driving licence is essential
- GWO certifications are advantageous
- Excellent health and safety awareness and the ability to work at heights (full training to be provided)
- A cracking work ethic and the flexibility to stay away when required
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Starting Salary from £29,000 to £35,000 depending on experience
- Uncapped overtime
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Insurance
- On call bonus
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to KMorris@astutetechnical.co.uk or ring 02393 919497 and ask to speak to Karianne Morris who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.