Plant Operator - Renewable Energy
£24,000 to £27,000 depending on experience
4 on 4 off day shifts
We're currently seeking an Operations Technician / Plant Operator / Process Operator to be responsible for the operation of a Renewable Energy process plant which is based in the Scunthorpe area. Our client is a well-established company within the renewables industry, who utilise waste to fuel an Anaerobic Digestion (AD) plant.
We are really keen to hear from anyone who is from an agricultural background.
Working on a shift basis, the main responsibilities for the Plant Operator include:
- Carrying out day to day operations of the renewable energy process plant
- Using SCADA control systems to monitor the process (training provided)
- Carrying out general maintenance task such as changing and isolating a pump, greasing, oil and filter changes
- Feeding fuel into the process using mobile plant such as telehandlers
- Responding to machine and systems failures
- Ensuring adherence with health & safety at all times
- Other duties as required
Experience and Qualifications needed:
- Maintenance and repair experience on pumps, valves and mobile plant would be ideal, although training will be provided
- A forklift licence or telehandler ticket would be ideal, but this is not essential as training can be provided
- A full UK driving licence
- Knowledge of SCADA / DCS / HMI systems is advantageous
- A great attitude and willingness to learn
Salary & Package
- A competitive salary of up to £27,000 depending on experience
- A company mobile phone and access to a company vehicle on call outs
- Training and salary progression
- This is an exciting opportunity to work for an established organisation within the renewable energy sector.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 07441390252 and ask to speak to Aaron Rayner who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.