Vehicle Technician (Police Vehicles)
Rainham (East London)
Salary: Up to £44,439.83 + Bonus
We're currently looking to recruit an experienced vehicle technician to complete service, maintenance and repair of all vehicle types and equipment. As a vehicle technician, you will be required to perform in depth fault finding and analysis on a variety of police vehicles, in a timely manner.
This role will be working nights (18:30pm -04:00am), please only apply if suitable.
Reporting to the Service Manager, you will be responsible for.
- Service, adjust and repair vehicles, components and accessories including removal and refitting in a safe, proper, and economical manner using equipment provided.
- Diagnose faults and test vehicles utilising equipment available and using recognised test procedures and techniques. This will include road testing where deemed necessary.
- Provide technical and diagnostic support to colleagues where required
- Ensure all parts returns are documented and returned in accordance with the procedures required.
- Keep up to date with technical and manufacturer/industry information.
- Ensure all warranty job card completions are followed in order to maintain compliance to the terms of warranty in-house status
Candidates will have the following skills and experience.
- Be qualified to a senior technician or Master Technician level
- Hold a City & Guilds level 1 & 2 in Motor Vehicle Studies or equivalent NVQ levels 2 & 3 or equivalent
- Be skilled at fault finding and have good diagnostics knowledge
- Have at least 5 years' experience in the motor industry
- Have good working knowledge of maintaining Ford, Vauxhall, BMW, and Mercedes - ideally
- Have received Hybrid & Electrical vehicle awareness training - desirable
- Hold a full UK drivers' licence
What's on offer.
- Basic salary of £44,439.83 + Bonus
- Opportunity to earn more through overtime.
- Company provides training
- Opportunity to earn a substantial annual bonus
How to apply. To apply, please call Mpilo Mkhize on 02393919492, or send a copy of your CV to email@example.com
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.