Health and Safety Advisor
£40,000 - £50,000 DOE + Car Allowance
We are currently recruiting for a HSE Advisor to join one of the industry leaders in hazardous waste management solutions and Industrial Services across the UK as part of their core team in Aberdeen, supporting their offshore and onshore operations. Working as the HSE Advisor you will be responsible for supporting in the management of safe and compliant operations across their sites and customer sites, leading all health, safety and environmental requirements.
Working as the Health and Safety Advisor, you will be responsible for:
- Managing all healthy, safety and compliance requirements across both company and 3rd party sites for hazardous waste, oil and gas and industrial services, delivering improvement projects where needed.
- Carry out documented inspections, process and site audits, permit management and site support, ensuring all operations run-in line with company policy and legislation.
- Provide support on all HSEQ planning across the operations, ensuring standards are maintained and drive best practice in all cases.
- Deliver on-site training and toolbox talks both internally and externally.
- Lead incident investigations for both site operations and industrial services, supporting preventative and corrective measures using appropriate route cause analysis techniques.
- Prepare risk assessments, method statements permit applications and supporting procedure documentation.
- Prepare weekly HSEQ reporting and work with senior site teams to track progress against company standards.
Due to the nature of the role, travel will be required on a regular basis.
To be considered for this position, candidates are expected to have strong background working in a HSEQ management role, delivering all health, safety and compliance across both internal and external operations.
Candidates should have background understanding of working within the hazardous waste management, offshore or heavy industrial sectors and good working knowledge of PPC, EASR and WML permitting requirements.
A NEBOSH National H&S Diploma or Certificate is essential for the role and any previous Auditor experience and certification would be beneficial. OCUK, MIST or BOSIET would also be preferable.
Due to the nature of the role and the need to travel to customer sites, a full UK driving licence is essential.
What's on Offer
- Basic Salary of up to £50,000
- Car allowance and competitive package
- Full training and support
How to Apply
To apply, please call Gemma Nixon on 02392 222 964 or send a copy of your CV to email@example.com
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.