Battersea - Covering Various Sites
Up to £52,000 + Package
Our client is a leading nationwide integrated waste management business providing collection, treatment, recycling and technologically driven energy generation services across London. As such, they are currently looking for an Engineering Manager to work across 3 of their Transfer Stations throughout London. Working in this role, you will be responsible for overseeing all maintenance programmes across the sites, ensuring they are operating effectively and efficiently.
Working as the Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for covering 3 main transfer stations throughout London, managing their entire engineering strategy and all maintenance teams. This will include:
- Overseeing all maintenance and engineering programmes across the sites, managing all planned maintenance, breakdowns and improvement projects for both mobile and static plant.
- Liaising with Senior Management and Site Managers to support with risk assessments, method statements and site compliance, ensuring its running in line with current legislation and company policies.
- Develop an effective planned maintenance strategy, minimising site down-time and utilising the engineer skill-sets within the team.
- Driving a continuous improvement culture, looking into new technologies and opportunities for development.
- Promoting, monitoring, and improving the safety culture, compliance and setting achievable targets for improvements.
- Report to senior teams and stakeholders on the performance of the engineering team.
- All other duties as required, both hands-on and administrative.
To be considered for this position, candidates should have experience working in an Engineering/ Maintenance Manager role previously, working with dynamic teams within an industrial process environment.
Candidates should be qualified in either Mechanical or Electrical Engineering and should have demonstrable success delivering a strong maintenance strategy.
Knowledge of current waste legislation is desirable and a strong health and safety understanding is a must. Candidates should hold their IOSH Managing Safely or NEBOSH certificate.
Due to the nature of the role, candidates must hold a full UK driving licence and be flexible to travelling throughout London to various sites.
To apply for this position or to find out more information, please send your CV to Gemma Nixon at email@example.com or call directly on 02392 222 964.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.