Salary: Up To £45,000 + Travel & accommodation expenses as travel is required
NB - Travel is required for the role - please only apply if suitable
We're currently looking to recruit an experienced Systems Engineer to join our clients where you will be focussed on Mission systems division to provide support on delivering the next generation of Beyond Line of Sight (BLOS); Radio Frequency (RF); Communications solutions for a variety of national and international customers. As a Systems Engineer you will be required to bring big ideas and solve complex problems with simple and elegant solutions
You will be responsible for being an integral part of the design team, maturing system architecture, product design and producing contract engineering deliverables and be required to:
- Creating solutions in response to customer requirements, from concepts through to in-life support.
- Managing interfaces and trade-offs between systems, sub systems and functions.
- Developing, building, testing, and trialling solutions.
- Supporting in-service systems, troubleshooting technical faults.
- Creating high quality design documentation.
- Requirements management, justification, and decomposition.
- Planning Validation, Verification, Test and Acceptance activities.
- Ensure task and project risks are communicated and managed appropriately
Candidates will have the following skills and experience.
- HNC/HND or Degree in Telecommunications or Electronic Engineering.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate/Practitioner
- Incorporated Engineer or working towards
- Equivalent, relevant experience is valued and welcomed
- You must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role
- Military BLOS Communications systems
- Cisco CCNA/CCNP, MOD JSP604, Security by Design, WAN/LAN
- VMWare, SAN
- RF transmission & reception systems, antennas & RF distribution
- Audio and data communications & switching experience
- Software & Hardware integration experience
- Test & acceptance campaign planning, preparation & conduct
- IBM's Dynamic Object-Oriented Requirements System (DOORs)
What's on offer.
- Basic salary of up to £45,000
- Travel & accommodation will be expensed through the company
- Excellent company benefits
- Company provides training and support
How to apply.
To apply, please call Matthew Brindley on 02393910041, or send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.