Location: Uxbridge, Middlesex
Package Details: £35 - £37k + benefits
My client is a leader in the design, manufacture, supply and support of high-performance fluid control equipment, designed to perform under critical conditions of pressure and cleanliness, to satisfy demanding technical requirements worldwide.
A vacancy now exists for a Buyer to manage purchasing and expediting activities for assigned commodities, including request for proposals, purchase orders, goods receiving discrepancies, invoice discrepancies, supplier returns, and the expediting of all orders placed.
Roles & Responsibilities
As the Buyer, you will be responsible for:
- Identifies and processes requisitions from MRP inventory and non-MRP inventory requirements to meet production planning and sales requirements for assigned commodities.
- Assists in purchase order acknowledgements (contract acceptance) with suppliers and updates MRP system.
- Assists in purchase order placement (contract offers) with suppliers.
- Manages open purchase order report to resolve late and partial shipments with suppliers and updates MRP system.
- Manages incoming shipment discrepancies with Receiving and/or suppliers.
- Resolves invoice discrepancies with Finance and/or suppliers.
- Ensures and maintains MRP system data integrity for supplier data including unit price, delivered lead-time, and EOQ.
- Expediting of Purchase Orders to achieve on time delivery.
- Resolves or notifies the Purchasing Manager to any situation impeding production workflow.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Knowledge of purchasing processes
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in a buying and expediting role preferred
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good MS Office skills
- Working knowledge and experience of MRP and ERP systems.
- Purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment
- Aerospace and Defence sector experience - preferred but not essential.
- Procurement/ Supply chain qualification or studying towards - CPSM/ MCIPS or equivalent desirable
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
* £35 - £37K Basic
* 4 day work week (Fridays off)
* Comprehensive Benefits
* Opportunity to work with global blue-chip clients and sophisticated technology
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 07441391775 and ask to speak to Sue Greeff who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.