Lecturer of Advanced Engineering Services (AES)
Defence - Training
Salary between £39,535 - £43,696 D.O.E
We are currently working with a larger defence company who ae looking to employ a Lecturer of Advanced Engineering Services assist in delivering lectures in Electronic Engineering. As a Lecturer you will be required to assist with the student training and developing course modules.
Roles & Responsibilities
As the Lecturer of Advanced Engineering Services, you will be responsible for:
- Develop, prepare, and deliver lectures on course modules in the wider Advanced Engineering Science Department in support of the DCTT EMTC including: the writing of lecture guides; student précis and handouts; laboratory worksheets.
- To prepare relevant teaching material, if necessary, involving Media and Graphics Department input to provide relevant Advanced Engineering Science lectures and ensuring that lecture guides and lessons are developed in accordance of the approved Course Training Plans (CTP).
- Assessment of trainees to include: Creation of written examination and progress test papers; Creation of, assignments; devise and supervise projects; and monitor continuous assessments. Marking of examination papers, Setting and marking of course and homework, Invigilation of examination and assessments.
- Student administration including course reports and student records. Attending Course Debriefs as required by your Line Manager
- Evaluate new software programs and introduce modern learning methods into specialisation area.
- Participation in presentations to agencies and visitors
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- BSC Level 1 Working Safely
- Either BSC Level 2 Supervising Staff Safely or IOSH Managing Safely
- Hold a HND in a relevant engineering discipline for subjects being taught (Electronic Engineering, General electronics, or Radar, Electronic Control, Telecommunications, or Avionic Systems ). For Foundation level (L1 - L3) academic modules
- Have or completed the Certificate of Education and Training Level 4, or equivalent and complete a Care of Trainee course.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in a teaching environment
- Knowledge of the REME trade Structure and operational requirements
- Knowledge of military environment and equipment
- Be eligible to get security clearance
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Generous salary of between £39,535 -£ 43,696 DOE
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Pension Plan
- Access to on site gym
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or ring 02393910041 and ask to speak to Matthew Brindley who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.