Hazardous Waste- Site Based
Up to £40,000 + Package DOE
We are currently recruiting for an experienced on-site Operations Manager to join one of the leading Waste Management specialists working within the Hazardous Waste sector across the UK. They are looking for an Operations Manager to join their established team at their processing facility in Avonmouth, Bristol to support their hazardous waste treatment operations and industrial cleaning services, supporting the daily running of the site and its teams.
Working as the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for;
- Managing the safe, compliance and commercially sound day to day running of a busy hazardous waste treatment facility.
- The overall management of all waste acceptance operations, including the recording and monitoring of waste inputs, the full processing operation and the movement of waste off-site.
- Ensuring complete site compliance within environmental permits, operating licences and waste regulations as well as managing all health and safety on-
- Provide Health and Safety leadership on site. Including championing and driving the Health and Safety culture across all site staff and visitors.
- Overall management of the plant and equipment, ensuring they are maintained and operated in line with regulations and company policy.
- Support all teams on-site, managing both the administration function and the site chemist functions as part of the site compliance package. Ensuring lab techniques are maintained to industry standards and waste reception inputs are managed.
- Support team development and highlight training requirements where necessary, creating and leading continuous improvement programmes.
- Developing and maintaining good working relationships with the customer base, acting as the escalation point of contact for the assessment and delivery of customer requirements.
The Ideal Candidate
To be considered for this position, candidates must have previous operations management/supervisory experience ideally working within the Waste Management or Hazardous Waste industry.
Candidates should hold a HND qualification or equivalent in chemistry and have a good understanding of chemistry/chemical management and industrial services.
You should be qualified to COTC Level 4 in the Treatment and Transfer of Hazardous Waste and ideally hold a IOSH Certification.
You will also have an in-depth understanding of Health, Safety and Environmental Compliance and be flexible in your attitude to work.
What's on Offer
- Competitive Salary of up to £40,000 + Package
- 25 days holiday + BH
- Opportunity to work with one of the industry leaders in Waste Management
How to Apply
To apply, please call Megan Balmer on 07441391332 or send a copy of your CV to email@example.com
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.