Chief of Office of Airworthiness (Chief Engineer)
Defence - Aviation - Rotary (Helicopters)
Competitive salary & Benefits
We are currently working with a larger defence company who ae looking for an experienced Chief of Office of Airworthiness to be based out of there design office at Gloucestershire Airport near Cheltenham. As the Chief of Office of Airworthiness, you will be for all matters related to Airworthiness and relationship with the Authority (CAA).
Roles & Responsibilities
As the Chief of Office of Airworthiness, you will be responsible for:
- Reviewing and maintaining continued compliance with CAA Part 21.
- Liaison with the Authority on all matters relating to airworthiness in respect of CAA Part 21.
- Preparation and execution of Certification Plans, ensuring all compliance documents are prepared as necessary to show compliance with all CS, environmental protection requirements and operational suitability data.
- Definition of Certification Basis and co-operating with the Authority where required.
- Execution of Chief of the Office of Airworthiness functions in accordance with procedures from approved Design Organisation Handbook.
- Building and sustaining a good relationship with the Authority's.
- Technical supervision of the certification team, including CVEs.
- Technical leadership with functions of Chief Engineer based on proven engineering skillset, utilising the relevant CVE resource to address technical matters.
- Technical advisory roles in bids and tendering process.
- Assistance in planning and execution of design and certification activities carried out by the Design Office, in alignment with agreed project plans.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Previous experience as regulatory post-holder. (Essential)
- Extensive experience of design and certification in the aerospace industry. (Essential)
- Excellent understanding of CAA Part 21J DOA regulations and related procedures. (Essential)
- Knowledge of aerospace manufacturing processes. (Essential)
- Good understanding of CAA Part 21G POA, and Part 145 MOA regulations.(Essential)
- Working knowledge of airworthiness design codes and other technical standards, e.g. CS, DO-160, FAA AC 29-MG 16, RTCA DO-275 etc.
- Excellent communicator. (Essential)
- Hold a degree in relevant engineering discipline
- Strength of character to execute duties. (Essential)
- Excellent knowledge of engineering principles. (Essential)
- Minimum of 10yrs of design and design certification experience
- Experience as a Compliance Verification Engineer with one or more of the following areas of expertise (Essential):Structures; Flight; Electrical/Avionics Systems; Cabin Safety; NVIS
- Experience of managing a team in an aerospace engineering environment. (Desirable)
- Experience of running flight test programmes. (Desirable)
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Earn a competitive market related salary.
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Pension Plan
- Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
- A tailored personal development and training programme.
- Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or ring 02393910041 and ask to speak to Matthew Brindley who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.