Air Traffic Control Instructor (DCASO instructor)
Defence - Aviation
Competitive salary & Benefits
We are currently working with a larger defence company who ae looking for an experienced Air Traffic Control instructor to work out of their training college based in Shrewsbury. As a DCASO instructor, you will be responsible for delivering training to future Air Operations (Control) personal.
Roles & Responsibilities
As the DCASO Instructor, you will be responsible for:
- Training ab-initio Royal Air Force, Royal Navy and Foreign & Commonwealth military trainees for Terminal ATC duties using the classroom and simulator facilities provided.
- Providing refresher training for controllers who have been away from the Terminal environment for an extended period.
- Providing training and assessment of performances in the classroom and simulator.
- Producing written reports with associated grading's and narratives to reflect the trainees' performances.
- Providing training to the standard required by the Officer Commanding Air Traffic Control Training Squadron.
- Acting in accordance with the RAF Shawbury Supervisory Care Directive
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Hold previous military Terminal controlling experience
- Qualified in accordance with JSP 822.
- Have completed or be willing to complete the defence Train The Trainer Course.
- Have completed the defence Instructional Techniques Course.
- Experience of providing Terminal Air Traffic Services in UK airspace under the Military Aviation Authority 3000 Series Regulations.
- Recent trainer experience in an ATC training environment that is deemed acceptable to the customer. -Beneficial
- Be eligible to obtain a SC security clearance.
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Earn a competitive market related salary.
- Enjoy additional company benefits like pension plans
- Have access to personal development & training programmes
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02393910041 and ask to speak to Matthew Brindley who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.