Commercial Vehicle Fitter
£16.50 - £17.50 per hour
Astute are partnered with a long established, independent, family-owned business who offer services from Demolition to Plant Hire and Agricultural Contracting. Our client is looking for a Commercial Vehicle Fitter to maintain, repair and service their HGV vehicle fleet.
Roles & Responsibilities
As the Commercial Vehicle Fitter, you will be responsible for:
- Attend any location or sites to maintain, repair and service vehicles in the event of breakdown if required.
- Adherence to manufacturers specifications and ensure compliance in relation to vehicle serviceability.
- Maintain parts stock, advising Manager in relation to any required purchases.
- Identify and report any apparent vehicle misuse.
- Ensure personal knowledge of technological advances is up to date subject to training given and whenever necessary, provide supervision with an overview of such advances; this can be written or verbal, whatever is suitable and appropriate.
- Ensure the depot workshop area is clean, tidy and complies with all relative legislation.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Full driving licence required. HGV Classes 1 & 2 are a benefit.
- Highly experienced in vehicle inspection and repair. Ability to undertake fault diagnostic by any means.
- Ability to learn about new products and understanding them to high level
- A professional approach, requiring minimal training and an ability to operate without supervision and use own initiative.
- Flexible approach to overtime and tasks allocated.
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive hourly rate
- 20 days holiday plus BH, increasing over two years of service
- Opportunity to work within a family-owned environment
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or ring 02392 288 209 and ask to speak to Gemma Harfield who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.