Thermal Hydraulic Performance Validation Engineers
SMR Nuclear Project
Highly Competitive Salary
We are working with RPOne powered by the Morson Group to support their client Rolls-Royce SMR (small modular reactor) in the recruitment of a Thermal Hydraulic Performance Validation Engineer to deliver a new fleet of small modular reactor power plants that will aid in the net zero carbon emissions globally. Reporting to the Validation Lead you will be responsible for developing staged validation cases for the various thermal hydraulic performance methods utilised to verify the reactor plant design. You will work alongside the plant performance analysis teams to understand the nature of the reactor plant behaviours and the thermal hydraulic analysis methods.
Working as the Thermal Hydraulic Performance Engineer, you will be responsible for…
- Undertaking the process of the thermal hydraulic identification and ranking and identify test requirements to develop code cases for various thermal hydraulic methods.
- Work with plant design engineers to understand the technical nature of the reactor plant.
- Apply technical expertise to assess complex thermal-hydraulic problems.
- Develop and deliver detailed plans for the assigned technical activities.
- Define and manage requirement traceability from the analysis through the validation code cases and into the rigs programme.
- Work alongside the plant performance team to ensure appropriate method validation is in place at each analysis stage.
- Comply with all environmental and health and safety regulations.
To be considered for this position candidates will be expected to be
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent in physics, engineering, or a related discipline.
- Chartered with a relevant professional institute.
- Excellent knowledge of reactor plant thermal and hydraulic behaviour and associated analysis.
- Experience in delivering complex thermal hydraulic validation cases.
- A fantastic communicator at all levels.
What's on offer.
- Highly competitive salary and performance related bonus.
- Fantastic opportunity to work in a highly regulated industry.
How to apply
To apply, please call Megan Balmer on 07441391332 or send a copy of your CV to email@example.com
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.