Severe Accident Analysis Lead
Warrington/Derby- flexible working available
We are working with RPOne powered by the Morson Group to support their client Rolls Royce SMR (small modular reactor) in the recruitment of a Serve Accident Analysis Lead. Reporting to the Reactor Systems Design Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for both technical and programme delivery of the severe accident performance analysis which verifies the reactor plant design.
Roles & Responsibilities
As a Serve Accident Analysis Lead, you will be responsible for:
- To work alongside the design and safety team to understand the technical elements of the reactor plant as well as making informed decisions on plant performance.
- To drive and direct the serve accident programme, including definition, and the selection & justification of methods used.
- To develop the work stream, and ensure cost and quality is taken into account.
- Act as technical authority for serve accident analysis.
- To manage the programme risk effectively.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering or relate field of study
- Chartered Mechanical Engineer or relevant accreditation
- Previous knowledge of Pressurised Water Reactor technology
- Nuclear safety understanding
- Previously developed nuclear safety principles
- Excellent organisation skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of internal and external customers.
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive Salary
- Excellent pension scheme
- Fantastic opportunity to work in a highly regulated industry on the most exciting nuclear project in the UK
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 03333 074 887 and ask to speak to Maddy Smith who can tell you more
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.