Salary of £35,000 - £40,000
Astute are proudly partnered with a leading company that are a combination of 3 business units: Engineering, Manufacturing and Support, all involved in metal working and design. Our client is looking for a Procurement Engineer to ensure procurement activities are delivered in line with processes and procedures to meet procurement specific objectives.
Roles & Responsibilities
As the Procurement Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Creating and implementing procurement strategies
- Owning and maintaining the procurement process and procedures
- Preparing data to support the efficiency of the procurement function to met company KPI's in relation to the objectives
- Comparing proposals for price, schedule and specification
- Requesting quotes from the supply chain to support the Tender Team process
- Managing purchase orders
- Placing of orders on the supply chain that are of importance to projects including high value orders with complex commercial, financial or technical requirements
- Leading transformation initiatives aimed to build procurement organisational capabilities and improve procurement efficiency
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- HND or Degree educated in engineering, business, supply chain, logistics or any other related field.
- Experience as a Procurement Engineer in a manufacturing and / or construction environment.
- Knowledge of contracts including NEC3 and FIDIC
- Experience of highly regulated industries
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive salary up to £40,000
- Opportunity for progression and growth
- An exciting opportunity to work within the nuclear power sector
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02393910019 and ask to speak to Katie Law who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.