Service Quality Assurance Technician - Onshore Wind Turbines
UK-wide, mobile role
£34,000 + benefits and vehicle
Astute are exclusively partnered with a global OEM in the Onshore Wind sector who are looking for two (1 Mechanical & 1 Electrical) Service Quality Assurance personnel for their own brand of onshore wind turbines. This will be a mobile role around their UK-wide assets and the successful candidate will come from the Wind sector who wants to teach and coach others from their own experiences.
Please apply if you have a bias to either Mechanical or Electrical, but you must have a Level 3 qualification in that discipline as a minimum.
Roles & Responsibilities
As a Service Quality Assurance Technician, you will be responsible for:
- Assessing the performance of Turbine Technicians using different methods
- Quality assurance of electro-technical and/or mechanical tasks performed by the Technicians by inspecting and assessing using checklists and compiling reports
- Providing staff with theoretical and practical advice
- Reviewing the accuracy of and compiling the technical documents with the Technical and HSE departments
- Looking for continuous improvement measures to implement across the business when it comes to upskilling of Technicians
- Occasionally travelling to Germany and perhaps elsewhere in Europe
- Technical support for office and field service technicians as well as supervision of special operations and retrofitting
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- At least a Level 3 qualification in either Electrical or Mechanical
- Train the Trainer certification would be hugely advantageous
- Experience working on Wind Turbines is very important
- A full UK driving licence
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
- The ability to run your own diary, prioritising where required
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- £34,000 salary
- Company vehicle
- Private healthcare and Life Insurance
- Full holiday allowance with matched pension contributions
- Internal progression opportunity
- Autonomy with your working schedule (Mon to Fri, but you decide your own diary)
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or ring 02393 910108 and ask to speak to Tim Norford who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.