Electrical Engineer - Power Station
North East England
Competitive Salary & Benefits Package
We are actively recruiting for an Electrical Engineer to the team of a 50MW Gas Fired Power Station which is currently under construction in the North East.
This role will be taking a leading role in conducting plant inspections prior to the major modification on an existing facility.
Roles and Responsibilities
As Electrical Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Working with High-Voltage and Low-Voltage equipment up to 132KV including the maintenance, operations, training and switching plans.
- Acting as Senior Appointed Person on site, overseeing the OEM contractor for all works.
- Managing Electrical Assets site preservation schedule.
- Supporting the construction & commissioning of the new equipment on site.
- Coordinating, scheduling and planning maintenance activities to ensure optimal long term availability of the plant in line with the maintenance strategy.
- Identify methods to improve efficiency of maintenance activities.
- Assist with the assessment of ageing electrical plant, determining life expectancy and identifying plant upgrade projects.
- Assist with carrying out pre-planned and reactive maintenance on all electrical equipment including switchgear, transformers, motors, generators and variable speed drives etc.
- Ensuring the CMMS is updated and utilised to its full potential
- Supervising and directing contractors
- Carrying out risk assessments to ensure all maintenance activities are carried out with the highest regard for health and safety.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
You will ideally have:
- A degree in Electrical Engineering or a similar relevant field.
- Knowledge and experience with a range of electrical plant including HV switchgear, transformers, motors, generators and variable speed drives etc.
- At least 5 years of experience in a heavy process environment such as power generation, pharmaceutical, chemical, steel, paper mill etc. Electrically biased Royal Navy Marine Engineers will also be considered (PO level or above)
- Experience working with computerised maintenance management systems (CMMS)
- Experience working on HV (132kv) equipment and previous Senior Authorised Person (SAP) status would be beneficial
- An IOSH or NEBOSH qualification would be beneficial
Salary & Benefits
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- A competitive salary
- Other benefit
- Opportunity to join a major project in the North East
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02392 288 286 and ask to speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.