Operations & Maintenance Technician - Solar PV
Leicester - Cambridge - Milton Keynes region
£28,000 to £36,000 DOE + excellent benefits
Astute are working with an internationally recognised business in the energy sector who operate and maintain Solar assets, as well as Wind Farms. We're looking for an Operations and Maintenance / O&M Technician with electrical qualifications to work between the Leicester, Milton Keynes and Cambridge region and surrounding areas to assist with day to day operations and maintenance across various, utility scale sites.
The company offers a genuine Personal Development Plan to continually upskill you in your role.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Ares Supervisor, as an Operations and Maintenance Technician, you will be responsible for:
- Taking primary on-site responsibility for plant performance, optimisation of the site and for maintaining equipment 'up time'
- If a more Senior Technician, providing technical guidance and day to day training of the more junior Technicians
- Perform pre-planned and reactive maintenance works across their solar farms, including electrical maintenance, solar panel cleaning and HV maintenance if qualified
- Effectively help to resolve work tickers and report issues back to your Manager
- Liaising with internal and external teams, including in-house LV/HV personnel, the grounds team and external subcontractors when required
- Taking part in the company's on-call rota for non-working hours (including Bank Holidays and weekends)
- Other duties as required
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- 18th edition wiring regulations is desired (17th is essential)
- Experience in solar is preferred, but if not, a willingness to learn backed up by all of the necessary electrical qualifications
- City & Guilds Level 2 or 3 in Electrotechnical Technology (2330)
- HV AP15 or OP40 desirable but not essential
- IOSH or NEBOSH is desirable but not essential
- Knowledge of inverter technologies is a huge advantage
- A full UK driving licence is essential
- A great attitude to work and a passion for renewable energy
Your achievable salary will be dependant on your qualifications and experience.
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- A salary between circa £28,000 to £36,000
- Private health insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to a benefits portal
- 25 days holiday plus BH
- Other benefits to be discussed
- Van and fuel card
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to KBoyton-Salts@astutetechnical.co.uk or call 02392 222 968 and ask for Kieran Boyton-Salts. who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.