Senior Engineer - (Technical Support)
Defence - Naval Nuclear Submarines
North Bristol (Filton) Or Plymouth
Salary: Up to £50,618.00 DOE + Benefits
We're currently looking to recruit an experienced Senior Engineer to assist in offering technical support across a number of concurrent work packages and process activities across Engineering disciplines and oversight related to the maintenance of Naval Nuclear Submarines. You will be part of the Requirements Planning team and be involved in providing technical support, management and quality control for the compilation of scope for maintenance work packages
You will be responsible for:
- Liaising across multiple organisations to ensure the engineering requirement is clear, concise, and coherent.
- Maintaining, improving, and delivering technical outputs of high quality in support of work packages.
- Assisting the technical and project team in development of requirements, project scope and solutions for specific work packages.
- Translating requirements to support all sectors within the team to inform planning, monitoring, and control of maintenance work packages.
- Assist with providing input to cost and budget monitoring.
- Developing Stakeholder management and communications plans.
- Contributing to the risk process including the identification, assessment, planning and implementation of risks, opportunities, and issues
Candidates will have the following skills and experience.
- The candidate must have experience of working within a project or engineering environment, ideally on Naval assets or services.
- To succeed in this role the ideal candidate will be diligent with an understanding of engineering documentation and ensure compliance with processes.
- You will be methodical, have a keen eye for detail, possess excellent communication and organisational skills, have the ability to prioritise, and work on your own initiative with a flexible attitude.
- HNC / HND (or equivalent) in a relevant engineering discipline.
- APM PFQ (or equivalent) (desirable).
- Ideally working holds or working towards IEng / CEng
- Be eligible to be Security cleared - SC
What's on offer.
- Basic salary of up to £50,618.00 (DOE) + Benefits
- 25 days holiday entitlements + bank holidays + flexible working
- Pension contributions matched up to 8% of salary
- Employee Share plan
- Company provides training and support
How to apply.
To apply, please call Matthew Brindley on 02393910041, or send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.