Systems Integration Network Engineer
Defence -Mission Systems
Location: Bristol or Harrogate
Salary: Competitive salary + Benefits
We're currently looking to recruit an experienced Systems Integration network Engineer who will be supporting on diverse & critical communications and missions' systems. As the systems intergartion network engineer you will be reqired to solve complex engineering problems and provide simple and elegant solutions.
Reporting to the Network integration Manager, you will be responsible for.
- Participating in multiple projects and working with colleagues to ensure Infrastructural specifications are designed for and then met.
- Providing technical expertise for Infrastructure development and deployment.
- Installations of the Platform Infrastructure.
- Evaluating vendor products in hardware and software and recommending purchases consistent with the project's requirements and business objectives.
- Recommending, documenting and implementing policies and standards relating to the platform environment and ensuring adherence to security procedures.
- Participating in strategic planning and decision-making processes by providing technical assistance and knowledge as a subject matter expert (e.g. Citrix, Microsoft, Cisco UCS, HP, VMware).
- Preparing technical reports for Management.
- Delivering deployments in line with Project plans.
- Designing, Building, Securing and Supporting Enterprise Platform Technology solutions
- Creating, maintaining and following technical procedures and documentation
- Leading technical project change
- Working with ITIL aligned processes (Incident, Problem, Change and Release)
- Working closely with External Vendors and other internal technical teams
Candidates will have the following skills and experience.
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016
- VMware vSphere & ESX host configuration/setup
- Storage including EMC VMAX, Centera, ECS, Nutanix & Cisco UCS
- Networking - IP design, CISCO Switches/Routers and Firewalls.
- Citrix VDA & VDI
- MS Azure & Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Backup platform deployment and administration; EMC Networker, Rubrik
- Microsoft Windows Server Operating Environment, Active Directory and Microsoft based applications
- Enterprise Systems Monitoring
- Data Centre facilities and capacity planning
- Demonstrated Experience as a member of a team of technical engineers
What's on offer.
- Competitive market related + Benefits
- Remote working
- Company provides training and support
- Company assists with any travel and accomidation expensences
- Flexable working
How to apply.
To apply, please call Matthew Brindley on 02393910041, or send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.