Armaments Specialist - Gun fitter / Armourer
We're currently looking to recruit an experienced Gun Fitter / Armourer to inspect, service and maintain a range of Armament, Ordnance and Weapon mountings, sight systems and general equipment from our client's depot in Ashchurch, supporting the Stored Operational Fleet.
This role will see you join a small and experienced team delivering first class support to a wide range of in-service military weapons systems ranging from a GPMG mount up to a 105mm Light Gun. Inspection and planned regular maintenance works are mixed with project based tasks to ready specific assets for operational dates as per the Army's deployment requirements.
Reporting to the Team Lead, you will be expected to:
- Maintain service and repair up to level 4 overhaul of 105mm Light Gun.
- Maintain weapon hydraulic/pneumatic systems.
- Maintain miscellaneous instrumentation.
- Carry out maintenance inspections on armament equipment.
- Carry out Examination of Ordnance.
- Perform Basic engineering skills including fabrication and repair of weapon components, carry out general manufacture and repair tasks.
- Operate Workshop and vehicle mounted cranes.
Candidates will hold one of the following academic qualifications, and have demonstrable experience in a similar role operating on platform mounted weapon systems.
- City & Guilds Level 1, 2 & 3 (in the relevant trade discipline)
- Class 2 Armourer
- ONC (in the relevant trade discipline)
- NVQ Level 3 (in the relevant trade discipline)
- Weapon General Practice Training
What's on offer.
- Salary up to £27,547.00
- Flexi time opportunities to maximise regular additional days off
- Opportunity to utilise In Service skills and experience in a civilian environment
If you are interested in this role then please call Sandra Brown on 02393912368 or email me via firstname.lastname@example.org to talk through the details.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.