Mechanical Technician - Energy from Waste
Competitive Salary + Benefits Package
We're currently recruiting a Mechanical Technician to join the Maintenance Department of a modern Energy from Waste Power Station in Boston, Lincolnshire. This plant is part of a 3-plant portfolio across the UK designed to supply around 10MW of energy, using Gasification Technology / Advanced Thermal Treatment.
Role & Responsibilities
As Mechanical Technician, reporting to the Plant Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Fault finding and maintaining mechanical assets including pumps, gearboxes, valves, etc.
- Working in line with maintenance techniques and best practices
- To ensure compliance with the pressure regulations and lifting gear inspection requirements
- Assisting in plant developments and projects
- Supervising and setting to work on site contractors
- Maintaining accurate maintenance records on the site CMMS
- Assist in outage planning, scheduling and coordination
- To ensure the availability of plant spares
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
We are looking for someone with the following:
- A relevant technical qualification such as an NVQ / ONC / HNC in mechanical engineering or a similar discipline
- Proven hands on maintenance experience with mechanical systems including pumps, compressors, gearboxes, cranes etc
- Practical knowledge of process plant and equipment gained in a heavy engineering environment such as power generation, petrochemical, steel works, CHP plant, paper mill etc. Royal Navy Marine Engineers will also be considered
- Involvement in plant mobilisation and commissioning is desirable but not essential
Package and benefits
What's on offer for you:
- A competitive starting salary with room for progression
- Benefits including pension, holidays and more
- An opportunity to join a modern Energy from Waste power station
How to Apply
To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up-to-date CV and covering letter to email@example.com or alternatively you can call 02392 288 284 and speak to Kyle Shinn who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.