Up to £27,000 + Package
We are currently recruiting for a Technical Assessor to join one of the leading Waste Management specialists working within the Hazardous Waste sector across the UK. They are looking for a capable Technical Assessor to join an established team providing technical expertise to ensure waste streams across the business groups are dealt with in a compliant and commercially sound manner.
Working as a Technical Assessor, you will be responsible for…
- Identify and assign cost effective treatment and processing routes for a variety of hazardous waste streams (both in house and external) to meet waste enquiries.
- Carry out technical assessment of waste enquiries through characterising and applying accurate classification of the waste and ensuring all waste brought onto site meets current permits, compliance and legislation.
- Provide technical advice, support and guidance to sites within the organisation and to external customers.
- Work to current company policies, procedures and legislation.
- Producing reports as and when required
- Providing suitable waste routing plans and determining accurate pricing for customer enquiries.
- Proactively supporting the correct safety culture across all sites.
To be considered for this position, candidates are expected to have a background working within a technical assessment/ support role with some understanding of working within the waste management sector, specifically hazardous waste management.
Candidates should hold a degree level qualification (or equivalent) in Chemistry with a strong ability to understand and interpret analytical data and legislation
Demonstrable experience communicating and coordinating with people at all levels of an organisation is also desired as this role will require working with customers, clients and internal personnel.
What's on offer
- Basic Salary of up to £27,000 DOE
- Opportunity to progress career in the Chemical and Waste Management industries.
- Full training and support
How to Apply
To apply, please call Megan Balmer on 07441391332 or send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.