Vehicle Systems Engineer
Donnington & Bovington
Salary of up to £35,587.00 DOE + Benefits
We are currently recruiting for an industry leading global defence sector client with a proud history of supporting our Armed Forces to find a subject matter expert on light and medium armour platform Power Train systems. The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge regarding Power Train components, including, but not limited to engine, transmissions, reduction gearbox and drivetrains.
The purpose of this role will be to provide first line Engineering and Quality support to the organisation, with specific responsibility for a variety of vehicle equipment related to powertrain systems. You will be responsible for effective investigation and response to requests for technical & quality assistance and promote Improvement opportunities while ensuring effective communication (and escalation as appropriate) to stakeholders.
Typical duties would include:
- Work with a wider engineering team to provide systems support during procurement of emerging platforms.
- Identify any opportunities that can be realised through innovative approaches to increase systems Efficiency, Reliability, Maintainability, Availability and Durability.
- Champion Oil Health Monitoring(OHM) usage across stakeholders to aid preventative maintenance.
- Support with fault diagnosis activities where appropriate to determine trends from powertrain Failure Modes.
- Support Non-Conformance monitoring (NCM) process to ensure 'fit, form and function' of materiel.
- Ensure effective communication to all internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide support to new projects and initiatives that affect Engineering performance.
- Act as the focal point for Preventative Maintenance diagnosis.
- Ensure the effective delivery of monthly reporting, to include risks, issues, and benefits tracking.
- Responsible for delivering timely and effective investigation and response to requests for technical / quality assistance.
- Effective resolution of internally raised request for change (RFC) via Problem Solving, Quality and Improvement techniques.
- Create and input towards non-conformance reports and support implementation of containment/corrective actions.
- In support of the above, responsible for the timely and effective triage of issues, communication of intended route to resolution (corrective action), suggest to the Line Manager, considered containment action (including especially, whether production can continue in a safe and controlled manner).
- Responsible for the maintenance (currency and completeness) and availability of all Technical Information (legacy and new) including but not limited to Army equipment support publications(AESPs), Repair Schemes, Drawings relating to Power Trains. Create and maintain work instructions and Technical Docs.
- Responsible for the promoting change and maintenance activities relating to Engineering related ERP SAP data.
- To provide timely and effective Engineering support to the supply chain.
- Highlighting opportunities for continuous change and providing Engineering support to Improvement activities.
- Provide cover for other Engineers as required.
- Responsible for the recording of concessions and related advice to the originator.
- Responsible for presenting to Authority, Calibration Failure Impact Assessments.
- Lead and manage outcomes of Material Review Boards.
- Comply with all prescribed H&S requirements
With first hand and directly relevant experience relating to UK Armed power train engineering systems you will be accountable for:
- Identifying unsafe practices are addressed and Power Trains engineering practice is aligned to process (desktop and QMS), ensure any disparity is resolved.
- Ensuring timely and effective resolution of, Engineering and Quality issues, by promoting Improvement activities.
- Ensuring Engineering and Quality risks to meeting output plan are escalated as soon as apparent.
- Be responsible for Line Management and team reporting.
- Educated to Level 2 in National Qualification Framework (NQF) as a minimum (Intermediate apprenticeship, Level 2 NVQ, GCSE - Grade A* - C, O Level A - C, CSE Grade1) or equivalent workplace experience
- Completed relevant technical or vocational qualification equivalent to NQF Level 3 (Advanced apprenticeship, level 3 NVQ)
- Have an understanding of operating systems like SAP & ERP System.
- Have sufficient knowledge to be a subject matter expert in all Powertrain subject matter.
What's on offer
In addition to a solid base salary and comprehensive benefits package you will be the responsible subject matter expert for your area and make good use of your hard-earned specific knowledge of UK armoured assets in a civilian setting.
How to apply
To apply, please call Matthew Brindley on 023 939 10041, or send a copy of your CV to email@example.com
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.