Business Winning Manager (Bids)
Remote position (UK Wide)
Salary: Up to £70,000 DOE
We're currently looking to recruit an experienced Business Winning Manager with extensive knowledge in total bid management with specific focus on the bid Capture phase as well as the process implementation of bids. As the Business Winning Manager, you will be the functional lead on specific bids & portfolio of bids and will support the Directors & Campaign directors in the implementation of campaign plans when required.
As the Head of Business Winning, you will be responsible for.
- Work alongside the customer facing 'opportunity owners', lead the design and implementation of effective capture and bid programmes, ensuring bid teams are resourced effectively to deliver against plans.
- Work as part of the opportunity leadership team on capture/bids alongside the 'opportunity owner' and solution lead, acting as a point of escalation for matters relating to the Business Winning Methodology and capture programme.
- Own the application of the Business Winning Methodology for specific bids and/or portfolios, working closely with other functional leads to integrate the inputs/outputs of a range of different professional skills and competencies required from across the business to develop quality business winning outputs.
- Take the lead in developing and ensuring quality of business winning functional outputs, including bid strategies, competitive assessments, win strategies, and value propositions that differentiate the companies offering/proposal from the competition.
- Develop partnering strategies
- Drive objective analysis and decision making throughout all bid activity to ensure customer influencing, propositions, and solutions developed provide the best chance of meeting the customer's needs and winning.
- Manage and facilitate the effective undertaking of business winning reviews and incorporation of independent challenge, including competitive assessment reviews (Black Team) and strategy reviews (Blue Team).
- Contribute to the customer engagement management strategy, supporting 'opportunity owners' and other internal management/leadership in effective stakeholder management planning, intelligence gathering, and influencing in line with the overall bid strategy.
- Monitor and report on progress of opportunities.
- Assist in the development of winning proposal strategies, ensuring value propositions are effectively articulated throughout submissions.
- Ensure effective and objective opportunity qualification and application of the bid governance process.
- Assist the 'opportunity owner' in the management of the Project Boards process in line with Sector guidelines, presenting key outputs as required
- Support and guide the bid manager in the effective day-to-day management of plans and business winning activities
Candidates will have the following skills and experience.
- Business winning professional with experience in leading the application of recognised business winning methodologies on major bids.
- Understanding and experience of managing the capture phase of opportunities, including producing quality capture outputs
- Strong project management experience
- Ability to motivate and lead multi-functional teams.
- Strong financial and commercial awareness.
- Experience of business winning within service-based industries
- Educated to degree level
- APMP qualification - preferable
What's on offer.
- Basic salary of up to £70,000 DOE
- Opportunity to join a large multinational company
- Remote working.
- Company provides training and development opportunities
How to apply.
To apply, please call Matthew Brindley on 02393910041, or send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.