Salary up to £37,000
Our client is one of the UK's leading provider of Environmental solutions, offering a full range of Waste and Energy Recovery services through a vast and growing network of Plants and Facilities across the country and as such they are looking for a Mechanical Maintenance Technician to join one of their key sites in Bargeddie. Working as their Mechanical Maintenance Technician, you will be responsible for carrying out key planned, preventative and breakdown maintenance across the recycling facility on a wide variety of heavy plant and equipment.
Roles & Responsibilities
As the Mechanical Maintenance Technician, you will be responsible for:
- Responsible for carrying out planned and unplanned maintenance activities to ensure safe and efficient operation of the MRF.
- Ensure maintenance targets and plans are achieved safely, economically and within the environmental limits of the plant.
- Assist with supervision of contractors, working alongside other functions as necessary.
- Carry out fault diagnosis and rectify as required.
- Use initiative and be pro-active and creative in problem solving.
- Conduct plant inspections and area safety inspections.
- Ensure that all reporting within the Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS) is effective and completed promptly.
- Ensure that all activities within the MRF are carried out in a safe manner, in line with the site's procedures.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- NVQ level 3 in Mechanical Engineering or similar
- Previous experience working within a process, production, or manufacturing environment.
- A good understanding of stock control, risk assessments and condition reports.
- In depth understanding of a strategic approach to engineering and maintenance.
- Strong health and safety understanding
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive Package of up to £37,000.
- Overtime available
- Development and progression opportunities
- Opportunity to join one of the UK's leading Waste Management companies
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 023 92 288 209 and ask to speak to Gemma Harfield who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.