We currently have a really exciting opportunity for an Offshore Structures Technical Authority with our client a leading international EPC company with a focus on infrastructure and renewable energy. This is a permanent staff position based at the client's UK Engineering HQ in Epsom, Surrey.
Join our Net Zero Energy Business, as the Offshore Structures Technical Authority, and play a pivotal role in the development of Low Carbon energy. We've been in the wind industry since its inception and delivered numerous projects including feasibility studies, designs of international wind farms, integrity of existing assets, owner engineering and advisory roles, which makes us one of the most respected leaders globally.
You will be working in the Net Zero Energy Business as the Offshore Structures Technical Authority, working on design projects in the UK, Europe and North America. You'll be energised by developing innovative technical and commercial solutions for deployment onto our Client's projects.
You'll enjoy creating conditions for people to grow and develop for themselves in order to grow and develop our technical capability in offshore wind.
Your principal roles would be to:
- Develop the existing strengths of the offshore wind team through upskilling, improving collaboration, targeted recruitment, and innovation.
- Lead and provide technical oversight for the delivery of offshore engineering projects.
- Lead the development of tools and processes to support the efficient design of offshore structures.
- Undertake business development activities and bidding through the application of strong technical knowledge and contacts in the industry.
- Build strong links with clients and partners, with these relationships leading to excellent technical work for you and the team.
- Support with the training and mentorship of staff in offshore engineering.
- Support the business to position for significant growth in the offshore wind market.
We're looking for:
- A love of technical leadership with applicable knowledge and experience in offshore wind design.
- Strong technical skills and attention to detail.
- Exceptional experience and contacts in the offshore wind industry. The successful candidate should have an excellent reputation within this field.
- An engineer with strong technical focus who is able to lead the delivery of technical investment tasks to ensure Atkins lead in the space of offshore wind design.
- Significant demonstrable experience in managing teams and delivering projects in the offshore wind space.
This would include experience in:
- Design and substantiation of offshore wind structures.
- Primary, secondary and tertiary steel design.
- Design for fabrication, tolerances, welding NDT, welding processes.
- Support to fabricators and installer with issue resolution.
- Project controls, document control and project management.
- A keen focus on business success and growth.
- Asset management experience would be beneficial.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.