Salary: £32,547 plus full benefits package
We're looking for a positive, organised and capable vehicle mechanic to join our Client, a global defence business, directly supporting UK Armed forces with the servicing, repair and overhaul of a wide variety of military and civilian vehicles and equipment.
The purpose of this role is to provide inspection, servicing, repair and overhaul of vehicles, assemblies, electrical and general equipment including diagnostic and inspection duties as well as the manufacture of miscellaneous items. You will also carry out examination tasks to meet production needs subject to necessary training and proficiency.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Carry out work to the required standard and specification as detailed on the job card in accordance with the customer requirements, current regulations, local instructions, processes and other approved technical publications.
- Diagnose, inspect and assess vehicles and associated mechanical / electrical equipment in line with skills & competency.
- Ensure all job transactions are accurately recorded and carried out in accordance with current ERP processes and that work completed and time taken to complete the job is submitted daily to the department / section Supervisor.
- Completion of vehicle and equipment documentation and test certificates / reports to current standards.
- Ensure stores and equipment issued to job are used for their correct purpose and un-used or new faulty material is returned to the section / department Supervisor as soon as it is identified.
- Maintain the requirements of COSHH, Health & Safety and other statutory regulations. Ensure a good standard of housekeeping, cleanliness and safety in the work area is maintained at all times. Comply with local policy on the correct disposal of hazardous or waste products.
- Inform the Supervisor of any issues which directly affect the repair process and any additional work to the task which is not detailed on the job card is deemed necessary to complete the task.
- Consult Supervisor regarding any problems affecting Quality or Health & Safety.
- Provide support across internal trade boundaries and Mobile Support Teams (MST) on a voluntary basis.
- Creation of job cards and demanding material where the relevant ERP (Baan) training has been completed.
- Ensure tools and workshop equipment is maintained in good serviceable order and report any faults to the Supervisor.
As an experienced vehicle mechanic with exposure to a range of heavy and light vehicles, you will be comfortable working within demanding H&S and quality standards to provide a first class and timely resolution to any tasks issued, covering both diagnostics and resolution.
You will be able to demonstrate your qualifications / competence in the following areas:
- Educated to Level 3 in Regulated Qualification Framework (RQF) / National Vocational Qualification (NVQ) as a minimum (Advanced Apprenticeship, Level 3 VRQ/NVQ)
- Holds valid and appropriate UK driving licence
What's on offer
You will have the opportunity to work on a range of interesting vehicles, progress your own capabilities, and enjoy an ongoing 4.5 day working week as standard.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this role then please call Matthew Brindley on 023 9391 0041 or mail me via email@example.com to talk through the details.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.