Role: Process Engineer
Package Details: £50k+ Benefits
My client is a leader in the Energy industry, and they are looking for a Process Engineer to join their team. The role will be to manage and deliver process design work in a range of areas primarily within energy from waste projects. Also, ensures the timely and accurate delivery of assigned project process engineering deliverables and advice where requested, using 'best practice' and the expected level of teamwork and professionalism. It is to be taken as read that the incumbent will conduct his / her role in full compliance with all company policies and procedures.
Roles & Responsibilities
As the Process Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- To prepare engineering estimates for process engineering scopes of work, when requested and monitor costs against budget
- To prepare and issue process engineering deliverables, in line with the overall programme agreed with the PM and to review and comment on process engineering deliverables prepared by other Process or Piping Engineers, typically Process Flow Diagrams, Piping & Instrument Diagrams, Heat & Mass Balance and other process related calculations.
- To attend and contribute to HAZOP reviews, as required
- Monitoring performance, analysing various operational data
- Produce technical specifications and tender documents
- Ability to calculate and produce technical datasheets for process valves and instrumentations
- To be able to carry out safety assessment for example HAZID studies
- To review and coordinate process engineering deliverables from external parties, comment on and action amendments where necessary with relevant parties
- To instigate and co-ordinate value engineering for the process engineering design discipline
- To liaise with other disciplines, as required, to achieve the design intent
- To attend and contribute to regular internal and client review meetings and follow up actions, as required
- To monitor, be aware of and record changes to process engineering work scopes and instigate project change requests as required
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- University degree in Chemical/Process Engineering (B.Eng / M. Eng) or similar qualifications, ideally with chartered status.
- Ideally 5 years' in power plant engineering/ waste to energy experience within same or closely related industry working on capital plant.
- Working knowledge / experience of power plant / conventional EfW/ Gasification, waste heat recovery boilers, steam turbines, flue gas cooling systems, and other associated process equipment would be beneficial.
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
* £50k+ Benefits
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 07441391775 and ask to speak to Sue Greeff who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.