Business Development Manager - Sellafield
Radioactive Waste Management
Sellafield - Cumbria
£60,000 DOE + Significant Bonus Scheme
I have an excellent opportunity for an established UK based Radioactive Business Development Manager with the right blend of technical knowledge, strategic and commercial acumen and industry credibility to join a small but highly capable team in a flexible and varied role with significant earning potential. Working as the Business Development Manager, you will be supporting to win and develop business within Sellafield. This role would suit someone with previous experience working at Sellafield and a good knowledge of the Sellafield market.
This is a heavily client facing requirement, with a core focus on identifying, securing, and developing new business relating to VLLW and LLW disposal and management within the Sellafield area.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Early identification of potential opportunities at Sellafield, using these to win business and support site improvements at a business level to enable successful delivery of these identified Sellafield opportunities.
- Secure new business opportunities in relation to Sellafield's Low Level Waste challenges.
- Manage specific projects relating to the development of the companies knowledge of the Sellafield market, working closely with clients, stakeholders and partners.
- Manage monthly and quarterly reports, tender preparation and client visits to identify potential work packages.
- Championing safety culture, to include behaviour and values, with the goal of ensuring the health and safety of the public, environment, and your colleagues.
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant regulatory requirements both internal and external, to include environmental permitting and the company management system.
- Building the company's client base outside of existing frameworks by virtue of effective new business development activity through demonstration of technical capability.
- Daily focus on existing commercial activity to ensure waste volumes obtained and processed are in line with business plans
- Other duties as required.
As an experienced, dynamic and self-motivated individual, you will have no issues working to your own initiative and without close supervision. This is a highly mobile role that will require flexibility regarding travel to Sellafield and client sites.
In addition to this, you will be able to demonstrate your ability in the following areas:
- Previous experience working within the UK radioactive waste sector at Sellafield and strong knowledge of Sellafield waste consignment/disposal/treatment processes and the people involved.
- An existing established network with key clients at Sellafield, with experience of leveraging this for business development purposes.
- Understanding of current legislation relating to identification, assessment, packaging, transport and disposal of radioactive and hazardous waste.
- Knowledge of radioactive waste treatment services such as near surface disposal, incineration, stabilisation and metal decontamination.
- Strong track record of successfully developing business and delivering excellent customer service within a client facing role.
Due to the nature of this role, a full UK driving licence Is required.
What's on offer
- Basic Salary £60,000 DOE
- Generous Bonus Scheme - Based on personal and team performance.
- Alongside the above, this role offers you the chance to take firm control of the nature and direction of your work and join with a similarly motivated, skilled and successful group of experienced industry professionals.
How to Apply
Please call Gemma Nixon directly on 02392 222 964 to discuss your suitability for the opportunity and its responsibilities and requirements in greater detail, or contact me by email at email@example.com.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.