Mechanical Fitter - Energy from Waste
Dudley, West Midlands
Competitive salary plus benefits
Astute are seeking an Mechanical Fitter to join the team on an 7MW Energy from Waste plant in Stoke-on-Trent. Working for a company with over 20 years' experience in Energy from Waste Operations and other assists in the area.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Maintenance Chargehand, as a Mechanical Fitter, you will be responsible for:
- Carrying out pre-planned maintenance work in accordance with the maintenance schedule
- Interact with the Operations Team and assist with maintaining and testing all mechanical systems
- Carrying out reactive maintenance
- Produce risk assessments and method statements
- Assist in the changeover routines for plant securities, ensuring tests are recorded on the CMMS (Altair) systems
- Liaise with contractors, assisting where required.
- Use of workshop tools, hand tools, power tools, and lifting equipment along with minor welding where required
- Reporting of stock levels and reordering where needed.
- Other Maintenance duties as required
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- HNC/ONC in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Ability to read technical drawings
- Basic IT skills, inc MS word & Excel
- Working at height
Additional Skills also advantageous.
- Confined space awareness
- Full clean driving licence
- Rigging & Slinging
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Call out fee
- Bonus scheme depending on performance
To apply for this opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to email@example.com or dial 02393 910 038 to speak to Emily Lobacz
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.