Role: Test Engineer - HV
Package Details: 39 Hours per week + Overtime
We are currently recruiting for a Test Engineer with sound electrical knowledge, brilliant customer service skills and flexibility/happy to travel, to join a world leading group in the energy and telecom cable system industry.
Roles & Responsibilities
As the Test Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Planning and progress of High Voltage testing - liaising regularly with project manager, site manager and site Engineers.
- Interfacing with the Test Engineering Manager to accurately project completion information and up to date plans, allowing the production of accurate costs.
- Communicating the plans and variations to the appropriate persons (Test Engineering Manager, project managers, site Engineers etc).
- Perform site assessments prior to high voltage testing and produce detailed method statements and risk assessments.
- Carry out the erection and setup of test equipment defined by the Test Engineering Manager.
- Organization of Test Department and subcontractor resources to achieve test program.
- Coordinating the ongoing maintenance, calibration, and repair of test equipment.
- Required to work away at different sites 3 out of 4 weeks during the month.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Degree or equivalent in an engineering discipline.
- An electrical engineering background with previous experience of working in a high voltage environment.
- Very good computer literacy, particularly regarding Microsoft Word, Excel and Access with the capability of writing technical reports of high quality.
- A National Grid Competent Person qualification would be an advantage
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Company car + fuel card + available for private use
- Overnight stay allowance (20% of daily rate)
- Weekend overtime
- Call out and emergency call out allowances
- Competitive salary
- 25 days plus bank holidays
- Pension contribution
- Private Healthcare
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or ring 02393910037 and ask to speak to Charlotte Jones who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.