Mobile Plant Operative
£23,800 per annum + 15% shift allowance (£27,475 PA)
Our Client is one of the UK's leading provider of Environmental solutions, offering a full range of Waste and Energy Recovery services through a vast and growing network of Plants and Facilities across the country. As such they are looking for a Mobile Plant Operative to join one of their established teams based at their Transfer Station in Bargeddie.
Roles & Responsibilities
As the plant operative you will be responsible for:
- To work as part of a team of recycling operatives to ensure maximum productivity within the recycling operation.
- Conducting recycling activities such as, but not limited to, picking operations, bale trimming, quality control and general cleaning in a safe and controlled manner in line with safe operating procedures.
- To carry out cleaning tasks and duties associated with the operations of the recycling facility, including basic maintenance where supervised and directed along with any other reasonable operational requirements.
- Conducting thorough inspections of fixed plant and complete documentation such as daily checks and defect reporting when necessary.
- Monitor production processing equipment, checking for blockages, reporting any defects, and acting accordingly when required to resolve the matter or escalate where appropriate.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following
- An awareness of Health and Safety in the workplace
- Experience of working within a recycling or production environment
- Working knowledge of site licence requirements, emergency procedures, relevant Company Policies and Procedures, duty of care regulations and H&S regulations
- Ability to undertake structured work with consistent attention to detail.
- Previous experience of using mobile plant machinery
- Full UK recognised mobile plant licences as required
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role
- £23,800 per annum + 15% shift allowance (£27,475 PA)
- Career growth and development opportunities
- 4 on 4 off rota
- Cycle to Work scheme
How to Apply
To apply, please call Megan Balmer on 0744139 1332 or send a copy of your CV to email@example.com
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.