Site Supervisor - MBT Plant
Up to £39,620 + Benefits - 4 on 4 off days & nights.
Our Client is one of the UK's leading provider of recycling, renewable energy and waste management solutions, offering a full range of services through a vast and growing network of plants and facilities across the country. As such, they are looking for a strong and experienced MBT Supervisor to join their Mechanical Biological Treatment centre and MRF in Glasgow.
Roles & Responsibilities
Working as the MBT Supervisor, you will be responsible for managing the daily operations of a busy waste processing facility. This will include:
- Day to day management of the MRF and the MBT process, managing a team of operators, chargehands and cleaners across the site. This will cover a wet prep area, AD facility and recycling plant.
- Leading the team across the site to ensure operations run in line with production targets and company set KPI's, maximising the efficiency of the plant.
- Managing all health, safety and compliance across the operations, ensuring best practice is maintained at all times.
- Working in both a supervisory and a hands-on role when needed.
- Other duties as required.
This role is working on a shift basis covering days and night shifts across a 24/7 operation. This will include weekend work. Please only apply if this is suitable for you.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Previous experience managing a team across an industrial site.
- Experienced in supervising/monitoring production processes in line with company targets and KPI's for quality, efficiency and compliance.
- Good written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working in similar environment or operational role across industries such as Waste Management, Heavy Process, Manufacturing and Industrial Engineering.
- IOSH working safely qualifications or equivalent across health and safety.
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- £39,620 incl shift allowance
- Competitive package (bonus, share scheme, health insurance)
- Opportunity to develop within one of the largest waste management businesses across the UK.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 07441391669 and ask to speak to Sophie who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.