Technical Lead- Reactor Methods Integration
SMR Nuclear Project
Derbyshire or Warringotn and flexible working
Highly Competitive Salary
We're working with RPOne powered by the Morson Group to support their client Rolls-Royce SMR (Small Modular Reactor) in the recruitment of a Reactor Methods Integration Technical Lead to join their team in Derby or Warrington, with flexible working. You will aid in the design and construction of small modular nuclear reactors. Reporting to Reactor Systems Design Manager, the Reactor Methods Integration Lead will be responsible for the technical and programme delivery of the analysis method integration and development work scope. The role will involve working closely with the reactor plant analysis and code validations teams to understand the technical requirements of the various analysis methods to develop tools, systems and process to facilitate an efficient analysis programme.
The successful candidate will also be required to set the technical strategy for method integration across reactor island, forge prosperous relationships with each of the analysis teams, as well as build and lead a small team of engineers to develop the requisite tool set. The Method Integration Lead will have expertise in software development processes and tools, including excellent knowledge of control systems (Git) and a strong ability to code in Python.
As a Reactor Plant Performance Analyst, you will be responsible for:
- Working with the reactor plant analysis and validations teams to understand the technical requirements of the reactor plant analysis methods to develop tools, systems and processes to facilitate an efficient analysis programme.
- Working with the IT department to appropriately manage and define the cloud-based computing platform (AZURE), including the selection and management of remote machines and setting up frameworks for efficient parallel processing.
- Lead the programme to integrate analysis methods, including facilitating efficient and controlled data transfers and formal coupling of code where appropriate.
- Develop and manage the tool set required to enable an efficient analysis work stream, including development of pre and post processing tools, common databases and workflow management.
- Identify and manage relationships with research and development communities focusing on method development and code coupling, including potential university partnerships.
- Manage and control the software and licences used across the Reactor Island design programme.
- Ensure appropriate quality is achieved in all aspects of the methods programme. Undertake local technical reviews and input to the main project technical review gates. Work alongside the analysis team to ensure appropriate quality achieved at each analysis method release.
To be considered for this position candidates will be expected to be:
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent in Physics, Engineering or a related discipline.
- Chartered with a relevant professional institute (or equivalent professional accreditation).
- Excellent knowledge of software development tools and process, including configuration control systems.
- Experience in delivering and leading method integration activities and/or software development programmes.
- Experience developing architectures for the automation of workflows of engineering tools
- Experience managing large digital data sets and developing database architectures
- Experience developing software code (e.g. Python), including implementation of DevOps principles
- Ideally, knowledge of reactor plant analysis methods and process, including familiarity with key toolsets involved in analysing core physics, plant thermal hydraulics, stress assessments and severe accident analyses.
- Planning and organising skills to manage programme activities and deliverables.
What's on offer.
- Highly competitive salary and performance related bonus.
- Fantastic opportunity to work in a highly regulated industry.
How to apply
To apply, please call Sam Belazka on 02392 288 207 or send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.