Senior Engineer - LOCA Analysis
SMR Nuclear Project
Highly Competitive Salary
We are currently working with RPOne, powered by the Morson Group, to support their client Rolls-Royce SMR (small modular reactor). We are recruiting a Senior Engineer- LOCA Analysis to join their team in Derby/ Warrington with some flexible working. You will be responsible for the technical delivery of the thermal and hydraulic performance analysis, to verify plant performance following a LOCA or initiation of the Emergency Core Cooling safety measure. The role will involve working alongside systems design team to understand the technical nature of the reactor plant design and produce thermal hydraulic analyses which characterises system performance, informs intelligent design decisions and ultimately verifies the performance and safety of the final design.
The successful candidate will provide technical leadership and coordination of a small team of engineers to ensure the delivery of LOCA analysis which supports design development, informs code validation activities, and ultimately underpins the reactor plant safety case during Generic Design Assessment (GDA) by the Office of Nuclear Regulation (ONR).
Working as the Reactive Safety Analysis Technical Lead, you will be responsible for…
- Leading the development of robust and validated analysis methods using industry standard approaches, the creation and management of representative models, and assessment of transient performance during faulted and safety systems operations.
- Work with the plant design engineers to understand the technical nature of the reactor plant as well as the evidence required to inform technical decision making verify plant performance
- Apply technical expertise to direct the analysis programme, including definition of the analysis basis, selection and justification of appropriate method, and technical supervision to supporting analysts.
- Define and manage requirement traceability from design through to analysis, models and method validation.
- Ensure appropriate quality is achieved in designated aspects of the analysis programme. Undertake local technical reviews and input to the main project technical review gates.
- Work alongside the method validation lead to ensure appropriate method validation is in place at each analysis stage, and provide technical expertise into the code validation programme and rig design programmes.
- Develop and deliver detailed plans for the assigned technical discipline.
- Act as technical authority for LOCA analysis internal and external to the company.
- Understand and articulate technical and programme risks, managing them as appropriate with the Reactor Plant Performance Lead.
To be considered for this position candidates will be expected to be:
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent in Physics, Engineering, or a related discipline.
- Chartered with a relevant professional institute (or equivalent professional accreditation).
- Excellent knowledge of reactor plant thermal and hydraulic behaviour and associated analysis approaches.
- Experience in delivering and leading thermal analysis programmes in support of design development from initial concept through to detailed design definition.
- Planning and organising skills to manage programme activities and deliverables.
- Ability to communicate effectively with any audience, quickly establishing credibility and buy-in.
What's on offer.
- Highly competitive salary and performance related bonus.
- Fantastic opportunity to work in a highly regulated industry.
How to apply
To apply, please call Sam Belazka on 02392 288 207 or send a copy of your CV to email@example.com
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.