Containment Thermal Analyst
SMR Nuclear Project
Highly Competitive Salary
We are working with RPOne powered by the Morson Group to support their client Rolls-Royce SMR (small modular reactor) in the recruitment a Containment Thermal Analyst who will be responsible for the technical delivery of the thermal and hydraulic performance analysis to verify containment conditions and heat removal during faulted and accident operations. The role will involve working alongside the systems design, LOCA analysis and Severe Accident Analysis teams to understand the technical nature of the reactor plant design. The successful candidate will provide lead the delivery of containment analysis which supports design development of the LOCA and severe accident systems, informs code validation activities and ultimately underpins the reactor plant safety case during Generic Design Assessment (GDA) by the Office of Nuclear Regulation (ONR).
Working as the Containment Thermal Analyst, you will be responsible for…
- Working with the plant design engineers to understand the technical nature of the reactor plant as well as the evidence required to inform technical decision making verify plant performance.
- Ensure appropriate quality is achieved in designated aspects of the analysis programme.
- Working alongside the method validation lead to ensure appropriate method validation is in place at each analysis stage, and provide technical expertise into the code validation programme and rig design programmes.
- Develop and deliver detailed plans for the assigned technical discipline.
- Act as technical authority for containment analysis internal and external to the company.
- Understand and articulate technical and programme risks, managing them as appropriate with the Reactor Plant Performance Lead.
- Interface with EPRI as company representative for GOTHIC and containment thermal analyses.
- Working with due regard to Health, Safety and Environment. Comply with corporate, business and legislative requirements.
To be considered for this position candidates will be expected to be
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent in Physics, Engineering, or a related discipline.
- Chartered with a relevant professional institute (or equivalent professional accreditation).
- Excellent knowledge of reactor plant thermal and hydraulic behaviour and associated analysis approaches.
- Experience in delivering and leading thermal analysis programmes in support of design development from initial concept through to detailed design definition.
- Planning and organising skills to manage programme activities and deliverables.
- Ability to communicate effectively with any audience, quickly establishing credibility and buy-in
What's on offer.
- Highly competitive salary and performance related bonus.
- Fantastic opportunity to work in a highly regulated industry.
How to apply
To apply, please call Sam Belazka on 02392 288 207 or send a copy of your CV to email@example.com
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.