Senior Project Manager
Defence / Mission systems
Salary: Up to £60 000
We're currently looking to recruit an experienced Senior Project Manager to assist in overseeing and delivering a wide range of transactional tasks and complex projects across multiple engineering contracts. You will be required to provide day to day operational management of a team of project staff to delivery products and services to clients in a timely manner.
Working within the Prime contract Office you will be required to:
- Be experienced managing a portfolio of projects with differing demands and deadlines.
- Have experience in leading and managing a team of project staff, providing direction and motivation.
- Have excellent financial & budget management skills to ensure a high level of profitability on projects.
- Have strong commercial awareness and an understanding of contract and commercial management
- Ensuring that the project team are working to a consistent high standard and customer and business stakeholders and kept informed
- Providing end-to-end delivery throughout the project lifecycle, you'll also be responsible for supporting with requirement capture, scoping, technical and commercial solutions and the generation of pricing models and proposal documents
- Providing effective risk management to ensure that the business' risk exposure is kept to a minimum and is effectively managed throughout the project
- Reviewing and presentation of management information including regular finance reviews and Project Boards to ensure effective internal stakeholder management and stringent financial management.
Candidates will have the following skills and experience.
- Hold a bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Must possess recognised project management qualifications or memberships i.e., Member of the Association of Project Managers (MAPM), APM Project Professional Qualification (SCQF Level 9), APM Project Management Qualification (PMQ) or PRINCE2/Project Management Institute (PMI) equivalents
- Must possess (or be willing to gain) a formal, appropriate Health and Safety Qualification. For example, the Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) qualification
- Must possess (or be willing to gain) an adequate knowledge of Construction (Design and Management) 2015 Regulations
What's on offer.
- Basic salary of up to £60,000
- Flexible working
- Company provides training and development opportunities
- Opportunity going a global company
How to apply.
To apply, please call Matthew Brindley on 02393910041, or send a copy of your CV to email@example.com
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.